The annual Education Conference & Expo (formerly known as the REALTOR® Fair and Trade Show) is an opportunity for REALTOR® members to enhance their training and meet with vendors supporting the real estate industry. It also allows SMAR Affiliate members the chance to create, renew and strengthen their business ties to the local REALTORS®.
Galleries of past events may be found on Flikr.
Thank you to all the members who attended this year's Education Conference & Expo on May 22nd at the University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland! Realtors® attended a variety of education classes and won some awesome prizes from our vendors!
Congratulations to our Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor* Award Winners - we had a three-way tie with Exit Realty, Foote Title Group, and Southern Trust Mortgage!
Thank you to all our exhibitors - you'll find their contact information in this year's program:
- AmeriSpec Home Inspection Services
- Beltway Blinds
- BHHS McNelis Group Properties
- Bright MLS
- BTW Images
- C&F Mortgage Corp
- C21 NM
- Capitol Title
- Colonial Farm Credit
- Colonial Mortgage Group
- CQI Home Inspections
- Exit By The Bay
- Foote Title Group
- Home Land Environmental
- Home Services Contracting
- Maryland REALTORS®
- Navy Federal
- Pillar To Post
- RE/MAX 100
- Southern Trust Mortgage
- Title Max, LLC
- Wilkinson PM
*The Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award was established in recognition of Doris’ years of service as Chairman of the SMAR Hospitality Committee. The Award criteria are based on booth creativity, aesthetic appeal, adherence to Exhibitor Rules, and application of theme to booth display. The winner receives a free exhibitor space at next year’s Education Conference & Expo and has their name engraved on the progressive recognition plaque displayed at the Southern Maryland Association of REALTORS® headquarters building in Hughesville.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland
(formerly Southern MD Higher Ed Center)
44219 Airport Road, California, MD
Expo Exhibitor Information
- A chance to network and expose your business to Real Estate Agents face to face in a friendly and relaxing environment.
- Each participant in the Expo will receive a roster of attendees (those who gave their permission) the Wednesday before the event and a final list after the event.
- Opportunity to win the Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award (see below).
Exhibitor Rules: Please read carefully below.
- Check-in on May 22nd begins at 7:15 am. The Trade Show will be open from 11 am - 1:15 pm. We ask that your display is manned from 11 am - 1:15 pm. You may tear down your booth at 1:15 pm when the afternoon classes begin.
- Exhibitor door prize winners will be announced during the lunch hour.
- There will be an option for attendees to attend the expo only at 11 am.
- You must supply your own extension cord or power supply.
Suggestions to make your investment more successful:
- Have a Business Card Drop; remember, each REALTOR® attending the Trade Show will be stopping by your booth for “Exhibitor Bingo.”
- Supply a door prize (no more than two) to be given away after lunch.
- The Wednesday before the event, you will receive a roster of attendees (from those who gave their permission) if you would like to announce your presence at the REALTOR® Fair and invite them to stop by your booth during the Trade Show.
- Have promotional materials and “giveaways” for those who stop by your exhibit.
The Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award was established in recognition of Doris’ years of service as Chairman of the SMAR Hospitality Committee. The Award criteria are based on booth creativity, aesthetic appeal, adherence to Exhibitor Rules, and application of the theme to booth display. Remember, this year’s theme is “Knowlege is Money: K=M2.” The winner will receive a 4 ft. by 7 ft. exhibitor space in the center hall at next year’s expo free of charge and will have their name engraved on the progressive recognition plaque displayed at the Southern Maryland Association of REALTORS® headquarters building in Hughesville.